One of my favorite and least favorite things about being pregnant is dressing your bump! You have a new body that you have to learn to dress and feel comfortable in, but there are also so many amazing clothing options to make the transition a little easier. Below, I've shared a few of my favorite, tried and true, tips for dressing a baby bump! I hope you enjoy!
1. Dresses, Dresses, Dresses: If there is one thing I've learned from being pregnant, it's that dresses are my best friends, and jeans are my worst enemy. Dresses seriously are heaven sent when I'm pregnant, however, not every dress is made equal! My favorite pregnancy friendly dresses are long, flowy, and lightweight material that shows off my bump. And I'll bet that you have some maternity friendly dresses in your closet already!
2. Oversized Sweaters: Throwing on an oversized sweater is super easy, and doesn't have to look frumpy! Some of my favorite outfits from when I was pregnant included a sweater that was a size or two, too big when I didn't have my baby bump.
3. Maternity Leggings: I try to avoid all things jeans while I'm pregnant, so maternity leggings are my go-to alternative. I usually opt for the high-waisted instead of low rise. That way I KNOW everything is covered up!
4. High Waisted Skirts: When you get far enough along in your pregnancy, that you can't wear your favorite t-shirts anymore, you'll thank me for this one... high waisted skirts. If you have a t-shirt that is a tad too tight on your belly, tie a little knot in it above your bump and throw on a neutral high waisted skirt! Now you can enjoy wearing your favorite tops for the rest of your pregnancy!
5. Long Peplum Tops: I love peplum tops, especially if the band is above my bump. I like to think of it as a cute mini dress for my belly! I usually will go for the tops made of the stretchy, jersey like material for a more casual look. But if I'm feeling fancy, I'll go with a more structured peplum!
We hope you enjoyed our tips for dressing your bump! But remember to not be afraid to go out in your comfy sweatpants and oversized t-shirts. You're pregnant for heavens sake! Getting dressed up and finding new ways to feel good and beautiful about your new body is fun and so important, but you are allowed to take a break and be gentle with yourself. Your body is doing an amazing thing, remember that!